Announcing our text message service
Did you know that you can receive free information about significant train delays on your mobile phone?
You can select the time of day and train line you would like to receive information for - for an Acrobat PDF document (578kb) with details of codes, see here .
Simply make your choice for the line, the times of day you require and note the relevant three-letter code e.g. SMO for morning off-peak on the Southern Line.
Text JOIN [code] to 5995 e.g. JOIN SMO to join morning offpeak on the Southern Line.
Note: There needs to be a space between the word JOIN and the code e.g. JOIN SMO
Follow this process for each service you want to join - you can join up to 5 different services.
Each service costs 20c to join.
You will only receive text messages announcing significant delays for the line and times you select.
- Customers travelling to/from stations between Westfield and Papakura need to join both the Southern and Eastern Line codes.
- Messages are only sent for train delays of 10 minutes or more.
- Time ranges refer to the departure time of the service from its origin.
- Receipt of text messages is free and is dependent on telecommunications network availability.
- This texting service is available on all mobile networks (021, 025, 027 and 029).
Text QUIT [code] to 5995 e.g. QUIT SMO to quit the morning off-peak on the Southern Line.
Each service costs 20c to quit.
Note: There needs to be a space between the word QUIT and the code e.g. QUIT SMO
To quit from all codes simply text QUIT to 5995.
It will only cost you 20c to quit all codes.
You will no longer receive any messages.
For more information on this service phone Rideline on 366 6400.
This service is brought to you by the Auckland Regional Council.